Crayon Sun Catchers
Want to hang some colourful shapes near the window? This is another fun crayon project you can work on requiring just a few materials that you might already have in your home. These sun catchers look like slightly translucent stained glass.
What You Need:
- Wax Crayons
- Manual Sharpener
- Wax Paper
- Kraft Paper
- A flat iron
What To Do:
- Using a manual crayon or pencil sharpener, make crayon shavings. Make sure you remove the paper wrapper and sharpen just the crayons. Work with one colour at a time for better results.
- Put the shavings in the middle of the wax paper and fold it over.
- Fold a piece of kraft paper over the folded wax paper with the crayon shavings inside. The main purpose of the kraft paper is to catch any melted crayon that leaks out.
- On its lowest setting, iron over the kraft paper
- Let it dry
- Cut out shapes — hearts are often the most popular ones
- Punch a hole in the shape and thread your string through it. Do several of these and hang near a window.