This is one of the most popular ways to have fun with crayons that we’ve seen online. The crying effect is made by melting the crayons with a hair dryer. Most of the activity will be in deciding what colours to use for melting.
What You Need:
- A canvas or a thick piece of paper on a stand
- A set of wax crayons with the paper peeled off about halfway
- Hair Dryer
What To Do:
- Choose the combination of colours that you want to melt
- Line them up on your canvas and tape them on the part that still has the paper
- Set your blow dryer to hot on the highest setting to start melting the wax crayons and watch them start crying the colours on the canvas.
You can play with different dryer settings if you want some parts to melt slower or faster than the others. Once done, leave it in a dry place to cool and for the melted wax to harden. This is fun crayon activity to do outdoors (avoid the carpets as this would be a difficult clean up task if the melted crayon gets on them)